Thursday, July 31, 2008
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Sunday, July 27, 2008
By the way, I totally look drunk in my license picture. Awesome.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Jacob said, "I think probably Cream of Wheat."
I laughed and then Zachary looked at me with a furrowed brow.
"What do you think, Zach?" I asked.
"I think they are . . . not Cream of Wheat."
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Monday, July 21, 2008
I said, "Well, I don't like murderers. I think they just need to stop killing people."
Yeah, I think Karen is still giggling about that one.
Some good: several top-notch performances, pretty good special effects, decent script
Some not good: too long (they could have edited 30-45 minutes out, no prob), did not like Maggie Gyllenhaal in this role (surprising because I really like her), very very dark (duh, it's Batman) like nightmare dark
Overall, I really liked it. And that's not just because they were a lotta hunka-hunka guys in it. In fact, let's review:
There was Christian Bale. Mega-hunk, yes? I've had a crush on this guy since I saw him play Laurie in Little Women when I was twelve. Swoon.
And then, of course, Aaron Eckhart, who is my very favorite living American actor. Sigh.
And Anthony Michael Hall. That's right, folks. The nerdy kid from Sixteen Candles and The Breakfast Club has evolved into a The Dead Zone hottie.
Let's not forget Heath Ledger. He, while maybe not so good-looking in this movie, was still major eye candy.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
*out of the loop (so you don't have to Google it)
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
I was sitting at my desk.
Unfortunately, I was very hungry.
Fortunately, I had a fiber bar in my desk.
Unfortunately, fiber bars are gross.
Fortunately, I was too hungry to care.
Unfortunately, I dropped a chocolate chip.
Fortunately, it was just a little one.
Unfortunately, it fell on my chair.
Unfortunately, I didn't see it.
Unfortunately, I sat on it.
Unfortunately, chocolate melts when exposed to body heat.
Unfortunately, I got a large chocolaty smear on my chair.
Unfortunately, it was also all over my bum.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
This is actually really embarrassing. I can't believe I'm telling you all this.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
1. I was 4.
2. I was living in Garland, Texas and was completely jealous of my sister who got to go to kindergarten.
3. I was beginning to develop my life-long love affair with books by forcing my dad to read the same book over and over and over. I don't remember what it was called, but it had a blue cover.
10 Years Ago...
1. I was 14.
2. I was living in Richardson, Texas and was completely jealous of my sister who got to go to high school.
3. I discovered that blue eyeshadow is not a glamor guarantee.
5 Years Ago...
1. I was 19.
2. I was recovering from my 8-month stint in Idaho (bad idea).
3. I was called to the Primary Presidency in my ward and began pursuing a preschool/child-related career.
2 Years Ago..
1. I was 22.
2. I was in love .
3. I was killing myself working two jobs and going to school.
1 Year Ago...
1. I was 23.
2. I was looking for a new job.
3. I had a crush on (embarrassed whimper) Riley Jensen. That's right, folks. I used to totally dig that guy. You may now commence the mocking.
So Far This Year I...
1. Have been supremely happy.
2.Have moved in with a bunch of crazy people (love you, ladies!).
3. Have seen my mom 3 times! I love Southwest!
1. Sat in on 2 evaluations of candidates for my boss' job.
2. Started unpacking from my trip and didn't get very far at all.
3. Had some delicious Chinese food and decided if I ever am reincarnated, I want to come back in Imperial China and give the guy who invented Kung Pao chicken a high-five.
1. Went to a Relief Society leadership mingle.
2. Ate a fiber bar for the first time (not good idea).
3. Stayed up way too late blogging about my life 20, 10, 5, 2, and 1 years ago.
1. Will have lunch with Lizzy.
2. Will go see my friend Pablo.
3. Will get to work on time (probably not).
I tag: anyone who hasn't yet done this (I always seem to be the last one on these tag-rotations).
Monday, July 7, 2008
I have pictures of the trip which I will post soon. Well, as soon as I find the cord that connects my camera to the computer. Please, please tell me I didn't leave it in Maryland.