Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Turns out, I am NOT married.

Keith-hunk and I grabbed some dinner last night and when Señor whipped out his credit card to pay, the cashier asked to see some ID. Well of course he doesn't carry ID because that's only what regular people do and Keith, after all, is a rockstar. It's like asking Tom Selleck for his ID.

So the cashier turns to me in order that I might vouch for Sir Keith and asks the question of the century: "Well, are you two married?" (Awesome sauce, man.)

At this point Keith is becoming annoyed (he's always so testy when people on the street don't recognize him) and responded, a little more adamantly than I thought the situation merited, "No. Not at all."

I, of course, burst out laughing because the cashier had a molester-stache and wanted to talk motorcycles with Keith who doesn't even have one by the way and then the married question and the vehement denial and what kind of adult doesn't carry ID with them oh yeah you're a celebrity and it was just a little too much for poor Kim to handle.

The cashier then stepped back a little like, "You're on your own with that one, bro," which I think made the whole thing funnier, but don't you?



I can tell I'm going to have fun with this every time dear Keith asks a question from now on.

"Kim, do you want to rent The Great Escape?"

"No, Keith. Not at all."   



Not my husband. Not. At. All.





But Keith, it really isn't in the cards for us anyway given that we're both white and I have my heart set on having a little halfsie-black baby someday. Sorry.

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

What an adorable, chubby Asian baby?

Lauren said...

You can have my halfsies if you like...

:)

...although they aren't black

Anonymous said...

That is the funniest thing I have ever read!