Wednesday, December 19, 2007

You're It!

I've been tagged by three people and I'm just now getting around to it. Sorry.
So here are six semi-interesting things about me that you might not know:

1.When I read books, I really get into them. Really. I know this sounds cheesy and contrived, but I almost envision myself as a character in the story, where I live the plot. I know that sounds weird, but I don’t know how else to describe it. I think that’s why it’s not uncommon for me to shut myself away and read for hours on end. I have read Summer of My German Soldier at least a dozen times and I never fail to cry when Ruth leaves Patty at the end. And, yes, I was one of the people who sobbed while reading Harry Potter #5 and #6. I just love books. And not just reading, which I do love, but the actual books; the way the binding smells and the way the pages feel as I turn them. I would rather have an old beat-up copy of a book, one where the binding is coming apart and the pages are falling out and there are tea-stains on the cover, than a brand new B&N copy.

2.Every morning, without fail, I sing and dance before work. I turn on some music, anything from 2Pac to Frank Sinatra to Alan Jackson, and let loose. I sing in the shower and continue as I go through my morning routine, adding dancing when appropriate.

3.I daydream all the time. At work, while driving, in bed, in front of the TV. It’s like there’s a constant movie streaming through my head, usually starring me but not always. I’ve tried writing some of my daydreams into a story, but they’re never as good. Which brings me to my next point:

4.I love to write. I like to fit the words together to create music: a song that represents the image and idea that I have in my head. I like to write anything: poetry, short stories, children’s books, I’ve even started a novel (it’s not good and I haven’t worked on it for months). It’s just another way to escape into the world of books.

5.I have so many clothes it’s not even funny. However, I only wear about a quarter of them. I have t-shirts from junior high, holey jeans and sweaters that have been neatly folded and stacked in my closet for ages. Sometimes I feel sorry for those lonesome items in the far reaches of my closet. I should probably donate them to DI, but I always think, “Well, what if I need them someday?” And I actually trick myself into saving a tiny pair of running shorts that I bought in eighth grade, convinced that someday I’m going to need them.

6.I’m completely ridiculous 95% of the time. I always laugh at the worst possible times and I never take my father’s advice: “Don’t always go for the joke.” I don’t think that this is entirely a bad thing because my boss told me the other day that I “brought fresh air into this office that we so needed” and that I was “so pleasant to have here.” I just own the fact I’m goofy and silly and I’m okay with that.

I've felt guilty about not doing this for so long and I don't want anyone to feel that so I'm tagging: anyone who wants to do this and also Donny & Sandra (6 each, please.)

No comments: