Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Birthday Week!

Isn't is sad that as one gets older, one is expected not to make such a fuss over one's birthday? And one is expected to just let is pass without much fanfare except maybe a passing, "Oh, it is my birthday." And when one demands special treatment for one's birthday one is seen as a lunatic, to say nothing of demanding it for an entire week month.

Well, one can't always do what is expected, can one?

I think I'm about the luckiest person in the world because I live with Gretchen who happens to own the birthday the very day before my own. And so I am at liberty to suggest outrageous things to do all the while claiming, "But it's for Birthday Week!" and then in a confidential whisper, "It's what Gretchen wants to do." And I get away with doing whatever I want while appearing like the very soul of charitableness and long-suffering as I sacrifice my birthday for Gretchen's. It's quite alarming how much I enjoy this!

"You said what now?" Gretchen demands.



Birthday Week this year included:


A date with Lizzy!



Turkey sandwiches with mustard! 
(Have I ever mentioned my deep and undying love for this delicious yellow substance?)




A food processor which has been formally dubbed Sir Reginald Choppington III! (Thanks, parents!)



Riding around in an automobile! And making pig noises!



Dinner with the roommies where I accidentally elbowed our waiter in the crotch and then he "forgot" to bring me another Diet Coke!




Game night where we played my very favorite game and through which I discovered that all my friends are really smart and they don't let me win. Not even on my birthday.





A couple of my favorite guys cementing their place into my All-Time Favorite People Ever by giving me a giant box of butter for my birthday! More on that later, be assured,  because it is my belief that the gift of a giant box of butter deserves its own post. And who could disagree with that?







And what could a girl ask for more than this, I wonder?

9 comments:

Karen said...

I think you covered birthday week very well! I must say I'm glad your camera phone pics aren't any bigger because my ugly mug is just precious in the car shot.

P.S. I like your "Leave your comment" note.

Kristina P. said...

Party it up!!

Amy Brinton said...

In our area there is a mustard museum! We haven't been there yet, but we're planning on a visit soon. I'm glad that you had a happy birthday.

Kim said...

A mustard museum? How wonderful! Do you think they give samples?

Rachael said...

I'm so sorry that I missed your party! As it turned out, there were two other parties going on, and one of them told me about her party before I found out about yours! But it sounds like you and Gretchen had a good time. Happy Belated Birthday!

Sherrie said...

:))) Love you, toots!!

Celestial Soldier said...

Why would you want samples from a mustard museum? Maybe from a mustard factory, but not a museum. ;)

Barbaloot said...

780 main street in park city is the address. Barb

)en said...

I love birthday week!!

except i hate scattergories. It can die a slow death.

happy mega-belated birthday!