Monday, April 7, 2008

Super Saturday!

I had a super-fun Saturday this past weekend! I started the day off having brunch with Alisca. Brunch was held at our kitchen table in our pjs and the fare consisted of Golden Crisp cereal (for me) and string cheese and Diet Coke (for A-Slice).
After our scrumptious meal, I got all dolled up (Hmm. Does "showering and throwing on jeans and a sweater" equal "getting dolled up"?) and I headed up to Bountiful to see my dearest dear, Corrine, who was down in Utah from Idaho. I also got to see Corri's big sis Ashley, Ashley's 3 adorable girls, Corrine's husband Kristofer, and her parents. We went down to Gardner Village and had a ball shopping, laughing, shopping, having lunch, shopping, tasting fudge and a little bit of shopping.
One of the little shops was fairy-themed and every customer got a glitter star on their cheek. Corrine and I, of course, obliged without much persuasion. Kristofer politely declined.
After heading back to Salt Lake, I stopped by Lowe's to pick up paint chips, primer, and paint supplies. (It wasn't until I got home that I realized I had marched all over the home improvement store with a glittery star smeared down my cheek.)
Later that night, Alisca and I headed over to my new house to paint over the horrible wall color in my new bedroom. We primed our little hearts out and finished in just under 2 hours. It was hot and hard work, but we had a blast!
When we got home about 10:30 that night, I had the brilliant idea to watch a movie and then promptly fell asleep, curled up in my favorite red chair. When I woke up, Alisca had disappeared and I couldn't move my neck without gasps of pain. I pulled on some pjs, brushed my teeth, and hopped into bed. (I really did hop. My bed is really high!)
All in all, a great day.

1 comment:

Alisca said...

A-Slice? Good one. Also, you aren't supposed to announce what my "breakfast of champions" consists of. It's a trade secret.