Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Disgusting Things I Actually Eat

Hey everyone! It's time for another installment of DTIAE!

I'm usually pretty conscientious of what I put in my body. I do the whole free-range meat/eggs thing and organic dairy thing and I dig the fresh fruits/veggies. I typically try to avoid preservative- or additive-heavy foods.

But sometimes . . . . heh, heh . . . . sometimes I eat truly despicable things.

DTIAE #1: Taco Bell Nachos
These guys are ridiculously gross. It's essentially fried bits of white flour & grease dipped in radioactive, alien cheese-like goo. And they are gooood. Pretty much any item on the Bell's menu reduces your life expectancy by a few years and actually going inside a Taco Bell restaurant is a sure-fire way to contract hepatitis but, like an old boyfriend, I keep going back to it. "I know I'm going to hate myself tomorrow, but right now you're all I need."

DTIAE #2: Sonic Frito Burrito
This is like a gift from the heartburn gods. They take a flour tortilla, slap a little Hormel on it, add some of our favorite cheesy goo, crumble Fritos on top and then I think they have some sweaty guy in the back sit on it for a few minutes before they wrap it up and slide it through your window. I don't eat there regularly, but every couple of years I think, "Ya know, I haven't felt the symptoms of dysentery lately. I should probably go to Sonic."


I feel gross just thinking about this food. Uggh. If you'll excuse me, I need to go eat some broccoli or something.

Next time on Disgusting Things I Actually Eat: Chinese take-out! Wo hui yong kuai zi!

1 comment:

Kristina P. said...

There are days when all I want is the betos super nachos. And then I pay for it about an hour later. But boy are they good.