Monday, June 13, 2011

Oh yes we did.

"This is a group of castaways and they are now champions." -Mark Jackson



As a Mavericks fan, you get used to losing. Sure, there are lots of wins and cheering during the season but, when it really counts, you expect the loss. You accept it. They're still your team, you still love 'em, but you know the loss is coming.

And that's what being a fan is all about. Win or lose, you love the team. You love the game. You love the last 12 seconds of the game when it's all tied up and your team has the ball and you're jumping on the couch screaming "Take the shot!!" You love the recaps, the highlights, the articles on espn.com the next day. When you're a fan, you love the game. No matter what.



But . . . I gotta say . . . it feels good to win one.  







And, no, I *didn't* cry through the trophy presentation.


2 comments:

Amie said...

I thought about you when I heard they won... I would be the same way if the Dolphins ever made it to the Superbowl. Not really holding my breath though!

Lauren said...

It was a beautiful moment. It feels great to be from Dallas, that's for sure.

I think all the excitement from the game put me into labor.

So, thank you Mavs for winning and for making my baby come a week early :)