Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Don't-nuts

A parent brought doughnuts into school today for all the staff. He put them on my desk and I, being all willpowery, declined to take one and asked someone to take the box to the teacher's lounge.

Critical mistake.

Within three minutes of the doughnuts being whisked away, I started craving one of those sugary little delights like you would not believe. But, after making a big show about how I Don't Want One, Thanks, I can't just slink over to the teacher's lounge now and get one. I would need an excuse to go to the lounge and do something then act all surprised to see doughnuts there and then say something like, "Oh, doughnuts? Where did these come from? I guess I'll try one."

But what excuse could I use? I considered my options and realized the only legitimate excuse would be to go refill my water bottle. Yet, I realized with chagrin, I'd filled it when I got to work and had almost a whole liter of water in plain sight on my desk. I have to drink it all first.



So now here I am, chugging water and thinking about how much I want a doughnut.


My life is ridiculous.

1 comment:

Kristina P. said...

I am literally eating a donut right now. Delicious.

I am still waiting for your picture! I will bug you everyday until you send one.