Thursday, August 20, 2009

Let's make a cake.

Firstly, let me tell you that prolly the funniest thing in the whole world was when Jermaine was doing the talking stove bit and says (while opening and closing the oven door like a mouth) "Cheer up, Brett. Things will work out. Ahhh, let's make a cake." (Actually, I just realized it's not funny unless you're seeing it. So go here and then you'll all know why I'm forever laughing uproariously to myself and why when someone in real life says, "Let's make a cake," I completely lose it.)

Okay, now that that's out of the way, let's talk cake. I love the show Ace of Cakes. And I also love Cake Boss. And those cake competition shows--love. And Amazing Wedding Cakes--double-love. Basically, if your great aunt video-taped herself decorating a batch of cupcakes, I'd watch it. I'm a big fan of the cake shows.

I'm going to visit my parents out in Maryland soon and last night I asked my mom if, while I'm there, we can drive into "the city" and find Charm City Cakes (from Ace of Cakes). And then I found out that Carlo's Bake Shop (from Cake Boss) is only like 30 minutes from my great-grandpa's house so maybe I'll be like, "Ooh, I so want to go see Grandpa Roy," and then be like, "Well, as long as we're up here . . ." So, if all goes according to plan, my trip home will turn into "Tour of East Coast Bakeries" which I think is a grand idea.

Sadly, I will only get to savor aromas and sights of said places as I am on a Very Special Diet which is code for I Cain't Eat Nuttin' Good. But possibly also for When I Get On a Plane Next Month I Might Actually Be Able To Cram My Giant Ass Into That Seat.

That's what I'm banking on anyway.



Need more cake? Here ya go.

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I love all those shows too! Although, I think that Cake Boss is often staged.

Lauren said...

I love Jim Gaffigan. Have you see his bit on Hot Pockets? It kills me its so funny! I can never eat one again!

Now I want to go with you so I can go to the Cake Boss bakery.

Anonymous said...

Did you see when they dropped Lexi's sweet sixteen cake down the stairs? I couldnt stop laughing!! I do love the challenge shows though, but they can be frustrating because the judges always say "its not perfect, it lacks this or that" and I feel like screaming, "its because they only had 8 hours!!! duh!!" so yeah..I guess I love cake shows too!!

Lauren said...

By the way, when I was at the store buying your veggies, I bought a slice of cake. And ate it. Thanks a lot.

Kim said...

Lori--I was dying! I loved it when Buddy came out and was all, "What did yous guys do?!?"

Lauren--thank you for not buying any cake for me. My willpower is at its breaking point right now.

Anonymous said...

Kim---in college we would use CAKE as code word for making out. So....when you write "lets make a cake" it flooded my brain with memories of

"Did you eat cake" "Did you make cake" "What flava of cake" ETC. CAKE means gettin' some.

I dont know why I am telling you this other than I thought this would be about getting action.