Monday, August 10, 2009

yawn

So I've gone off caffeine again. I know, I know. I've tried going off before and about 48 hours later I've got an IV of Diet Dr Pepper running as I lay on the ground weeping, promising to never ever make that mistake again and apologizing to the man I just clobbered with my spike heel because he was blocking the drink dispenser at the Top Stop.

But this time is different. I know, I know. I've said that before. I'm all,

"I promise to never again jump onto the hood of a moving vehicle because I spotted a Diet Coke in the cup holder,"

and then,

"I'm so sorry I promised to have your husband's babies if he would let me finish off his Big Gulp,"

and to the roommates,

"I will never fill the bathtub with Diet Pepsi to soak in so that it reaches my bloodstream faster."

I am serious this time. I'm off for good.


Also, I'm so tired!! Is this what feeling normal is like?

How. do. you. people. function?

www.nataliedee.com
www.nataliedee.com

7 comments:

Mrs. B. Roth said...

I went clean for a week, but I fell in love with cherry coke zero. Diet and tasty. (don't try it) (I'm not helping, am I?)

Kristina P. said...

We can do this together! I posted today about being on day 6 off the Diet Coke. I've been more tired than normal, but that's to be expected.

I was drinking it all night to stay awake at work, and then would crash, and it was this vicious cycle. I need to get healthier!

Dale said...

Oh my gosh, I love cherry coke zero despite the fact that artificial sweeteners are poison.

I too can quit whenever I want. I just don't want to.

I'd write more but I now have to go get my fix...err groceries.

Anonymous said...

Diet............diet???

You people are missing out on Dublin Dr. Pepper. Dr. Pepper is already the nector of the gods but when you make it with pure cane sugar, it become like crack..........the good kind of crack cocaine. I love me some Dublin Dr. Pepper only from the great state of Texas. Order some today.

Kim said...

I've had Dublin Dr Pepper once in my whole life and I still dream about it nightly.

Anonymous said...

It is so dreamy. I go their on my anniversary every other year and stock up on cases and cases and cases and cases of the stuff. I stumbled on some cases in Sam's Club the other day.

Anonymous said...

Soaking in a bathtub of cola only helps caffeine absoption if you cover yourself with papercuts first.

Before I was exposed to caffeine I would wake myself up by drinking lots of ice water. My coworkers (5AM customer service) were amazed.