Saturday, August 15, 2009

The only thing missing was the tiara.

The ladies were sitting in Karen's room Thursday night during one of our mid-week chat sessions. I wish I could give you an idea of the convoluted train of conversation that found Karen rushing to her closet for her prom dress, but I'm truly at a loss.

After the dress was procured and admired, Karen (at my insistence) tried the thing on to "see if it fits after ten years!" Karen, of course, obliged and proved "it still fits after ten years!"

We continued our conversation, Karen still in the dress, when I mentioned I really wanted to soak my achy feet. Karen offered up her vinyl blow-up foot bath and even prepared it for me by blowing up the contraption.

And that's where we got this:



I'm gonna give you a minute to soak that in.


Karen




in a prom dress




blowing up a vinyl foot bath.


I begged her for permission to document the experience and she acquiesced as long as I mentioned that the dress "still fit after ten years!" (No, she didn't exclaim that multiple times. Why would you ask?)


After she plopped the tub at my feet she said, "Happy birthday, Kim. You get a foot bath from a freakin' prom queen."


And that, folks, is why I love my life.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I don't have words ...

Anonymous said...

Again, single people are weird.