Monday, August 24, 2009

Just wondering

In high school, I had a tiny little bit of a crush on this guy named Rob. He was--there's no other word for it--cool. Oh man, was he cool.

Not the "I'm very popular and wear v-neck t-shirts from Abercrombie & Fitch" type cool.

But the "I am above the pettiness of high school and I honestly don't care what people here think of me and I kind of have a 'don't mess with me' attitude but I'm actually a very nice person plus I have mysterious eyes that look deep into your soul and when I walk down the halls at school I have the faintest smile pulling at my mouth which makes it look like I know a secret about life and love and beauty and honor which I'm not sharing with the shallow masses that surround me and also I'm kind of adorable and you will always wonder what I was like outside of Physics class won't you?" type cool.



Looking back, I sort of wonder if he was a vampire.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Did he ever snarl at you when a fan blew your scent in his direction? Or shy away from your touch because he didn't want you to know how cold his hands were? If so, he might have been a vampire. Plus side? He probably hasn't changed a whole lot in the years since high school, so he'd be exactly the same kind of cool!

Kristina P. said...

Surely not an Edward kind of vampire.

Mrs. B. Roth said...

So funny. In a Jenny the Bloggess kind of funny way. All serendipitous.

Lauren said...

Maybe. Ah, vampire dreams...

Rob who?

Celestial Soldier said...

You just wanted him to bite your neck.