Friday, August 21, 2009

Today

Today is . . . weird.


Today is . . . surreal.

Today . . . today . . . today . . .

Today marks five years. Five. Five years of living in Utah.

What? No, that doesn't sound right. I just moved here. I'm not a long-term resident. I'm not a Utahn. This place was just a quickie. Just a pit stop on the way of chasing my dreams and changing the world and all the other altruistic notions I had back then. You know, back before I got so cynical.

But, yes, it's true. Five years ago, this very day, I landed at the Salt Lake International Airport armed with two suitcases and nary a friend for miles. And look at me now! I have a houseful of stuff and--now I don't want to intimidate anyone--like six friends.

So happy anniversary to us, Utah. Sorry I have such mixed feelings about you.

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Congrats! And my apologies.

Dale said...

I know, how sad is it to be stuck in Utah (a great State to be sure) when Wyoming is so close.

Corrine said...

what an accomplishment! you have survived 5 years there!! :)

Anonymous said...

Utardia only had it's grip on me for three years. Got rid of Utah and the wife soon after that and my life is grand!!