Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Excellence

We have been having issues with the network this week at work which means a) I can’t access any of my files or any of the company’s files and b) I have to deal with the idiot IT guy. He really is a dummy. I’ve actually caught him Googling “How do I fix . . . ?“ Hey, I can do that if that’s all it takes to be the main IT guy around here. Although I will have to work on my ability to make other people feel uncomfortable because he seems to have the gold medal in that department.

Anyway, my point is that I’ve had a lot of work to do and no way to do it so I’ve had to come up with another way to spend my time. I would have loved to just sit at my computer and look up the latest news on Heath Ledger, but that might not be 100% okay with the bosses. So, I’ve been doing the next most exciting thing: online training for Microsoft Office software!!! Don’t be jealous.

Today I learned all about Excel. I use Excel every single day at work. It’s probably the program I use most, so you would think that I would have a pretty good grasp of the whole thing. Well, there are all these cool things that you can do that I had no idea about. Also, I found out that some things that I do could be done a whole lot quicker with these new time-saving tricks I’ve picked up. I am getting really good Excel. I can’t think of the word for when you are superior in some aspect or when you do exceptionally well in a particular area, but that word would apply to me right now. (Amy, that joke was for you.)

Tomorrow, I’m going to tackle Publisher. I know. Get excited.

No comments: