Monday, July 6, 2009

Because, despite appearances, we're basically children and we're okay with that.

My thirty-year-old friend Keith shushed me last night when the trailer for G.I. Joe came on the television. He leaned forward on the couch and giggled (like a little girl) with excitement during the whole commercial.

"I have all those action figures," he told me. "They're at my parents' house."

"And how often do you play with them?" Karen asked.

"Every time I go home!" he enthusiastically admitted.

Just as I was about the tease him mercilessly for this display of juvenile fervor, the trailer for the new Harry Potter came on. (The trailer that I've seen at least 8 times, by the way.) I literally squealed with delight and watched, completely enraptured, while whispering, "Oh, I am so excited!"

Keith raised an eyebrow at me.


Ah, yes. Well, I'll forgive your nerdiness, dear, if you'll forgive mine.

2 comments:

Corrine said...

hehe... "do you even know who is Benjamin Franklin?"

RogueHistorian said...

Heh - you should have heard me giggle when I first saw the first Transformers trail. ...and the Indiana Jones trailer. ...and the Ironman trailer. ...and, yes, the G.I. Joe trailer.

I'm a self-professed bastard. I *don't* giggle. Except, I'm also a big nerd and sometimes it shows just a bit.