Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Not that there's anything wrong with that . . .

At my school, we send home a parent newsletter with each child every month. I create the entire newsletter each month. That's one of my favorite things about my job. In March's newsletter, I added a "Busy Kids Corner" that listed activities around Salt Lake for preschool-aged children. I added web addresses for most of the activities where parents could find more information. On the listing for children's soccer classes, the web address was supposed to read:
http://www.sportscomplex.slco.org/
I typed:
http://www.sportscomplex.org/

I sent out the newsletter on Monday to be printed and distributed. Today, I get an email from a concerned parent:

Regarding the March newsletter:
The sportscomplex.org link is wrong… Sent me to Sydney for the Gay Games 2002. Very informative website!


So I seriously sent that out to about 80 people. When I told my boss's boss about it, she laughed so hard tears were streaming down her face. I don't think I'll ever live this one down.

1 comment:

The Hathorns said...

That is one of the funniest things I've ever read!
S