Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Bubba-o-lantern

We carved pumpkins for FHE this week. Robin wanted to make a scary, gut-y type pumpkin but I really wanted something cute. Robin, ever the gentleman, obliged.

I was very excited.



Heeey, guuyys! Doh-do-do!*

I knew I needed a knife to carve but I wasn't sure if I'd have time to go home after work so I put one in my handbag before I left in the morning. Aaannd then I walked around all day with a large knife in my purse. I went to the supermarket, a meeting, the dry cleaners oh yeah, and work. Like the school where I work. You know, the one full of children. The one where you probably shouldn't be carrying knives into. And somehow this didn't set off any alarm bells in my mind?


*I wish I knew how to upload an audio clip so you could hear the way I say this. I've been cracking myself up all week. Heeey, guuyys! Heh, heh, heh.

3 comments:

Dale said...

Love your saying about Hemingway but didn't he end up shooting himself in the head?

I'd hate to see that happen to you so I'm leaving you a comment.

Anonymous said...

Normally it is the students going crazy because of the teachers and doing things they shouldn't not the teachers going crazy with a pumpkin carving knife on the kids.

But who know......?

Tell your boy toy I appreciate the UoU hat.

Celestial Soldier said...

I finished my pumpkin and dropped it off at the Bishop's house!

Here it is:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=38869542&l=a121be4906&id=17821348

(PS It was good to see you on Monday.)