Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Bloody Knees

Salt Lake is a huge sheet of ice right now and I am a huge klutz always so you can probably already tell where this is going. Also, I often wear heels, which may be appropriate for the workplace, but not so much in the outside world.
Today I was outside work walking with my boss. We were chatting and walking along when I hit a patch of ice and totally biffed it. Not just a little slip and fall, but a flailing-arms-shouting-loudly-contorted-faces-horrible fall. Right on my knees. Ouch. She was so sympathetic and I was so embarrassed! I told her I was fine and managed to walk normally, grinning horribly, back inside and all the way to my desk. Once there, I peeked at my knees under my desk.



Pure carnage.



So now I’m stuck at my desk. I really cannot get up without some sort of involuntary gasping and cursing and I don’t know if I want all my co-workers to see me all bloody, hobbling to the ladies room. I’m also dissolving in giggles right now because this is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. Winter sucks.

2 comments:

Alisca said...

Rule #1: Never pretend to be ok when there's the smallest chance you could be hurt. Trust me, it's not worth it!

Kim said...

Rule #2: Never pretend to be ok when there's the smallest chance you could get to go home early. Trust me, that would be worth it!