Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cars Cars Cars

My dad’s sister (also my favorite aunt) got married this weekend so Dad came out to Utah to celebrate. Friday night, Dad, G-Ma, Amy & co., and I headed to the Utah International Auto Show to check out all the cars and, as far as the boys were concerned, to sit in every single car in the whole building. My dad is an official gearhead and has instilled his love of all things auto in his kids and grandkids. We had a great time looking at the new models for '09 and '10 (It's not a car, it's a mobile device) and I have fallen in love once again. About a year ago, all I could think about was a cute little Nissan Versa Hatchback. I’m glad I never gave into the waves of temptation, because I now don’t think I can live another day without a Toyota Matrix. Seriously, how cute is that?

We also tried out a Smart Car (roomier than I imagined but then again I’m 5'3") and lusted after a sleek Maserati GranTurismo and a beautiful orange '66 Pontiac GTO (Dad was salivating). Unfortunately, I left my camera at home and Amy’s is somewhere at the bottom of Lake Powell so we don’t have documentation for our auto adventure. (You can go here and see my friends there and just pretend it’s me.)

No comments: