Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Shake your bootie!

My sister had a kid last month. I'd usually be gushing all over the place about how perfect this kid is and how he's the sweetest lil' thing to come out of the East Coast since Boston Cream Pie and all but I haven't actually met the guy yet. Who knows? He might actually be kind of a jerk. I'll be all, "Hi, Baby," and he'll be like, "Dude, whatever. Talk to the slobber 'cause the face won't bother," or something like that. Then I'd have to give a redaction on my pre-meeting gushes and that would be embarrassing. I'd hate to have misrepresented something here because, as we all know, this blog is about the truth, plain and simple.

So that's why I've played it safe and kept mum on the whole thing, but now I just can't hold this in any more. I'm heading to Baltimore to visit the fam and see the baby [insert obligatory Seinfeld reference here] in like nine hours (I should probably be packing, huh?) so tonight I stitched up a little giftie for the little guy.

















Are you ready for this??














Shut. Up.



Did your heart not melt into a little puddle of goo just then? Are you clutching your ovaries and weeping right now? Seriously. If you are not physically ill from the cuteness overload here, you clearly have no soul.

I'll let you know how the baby takes to them when I see him. If he says, "Why the crap did you make me shoes? I'm a freaking baby. Meaning I can't walk," I'll be pretty ticked.





Hey, look! The missing Seinfeld reference!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't generally clutch my ovaries..........EVER when I see something cute like little, blue shoes!!!

Now clutch my testies...........that is a whole other story!

Celestial Soldier said...

The dingo ate your baby.

Amy Brinton said...

I hope that Adam was appropriately polite and appreciative. Your handiwork is darling!