Monday, October 6, 2008

Bonus Indeed

I had to go to the post office today and on the way back to work I stopped at a gas station to grab a Diet Pepsi. Yum!

But then I saw that the Diet Dr Pepper had a sign that said "BONUS! 5% MORE FREE!"

Sweet. I got the Dr Pepper instead. As I was driving back to the office, I did a few calculations in my head. Five percent of a twenty-ounce bottle is . . . one ounce. Two measly tablespoons more. Do two tablespoons merit a large yellow banner proclaiming "BONUS!"?

You want to know the best part? It totally worked on me. I bought it. Apparently, I am a sucker for garish advertising.

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

I'm so proud of your math skills...maybe if you were studying for a math test you would have done the math automatically when you picked up the bottle and would have realized it before making the purchase...but only maybe... ;)