Monday, November 3, 2008

Fax Pas

To replace the ink in my fax machine, I have to lift the top up and keep it open while I swap out the cartridge. There is a little arm that holds the top open while I change the ink but that arm, like everything useful, has broken. Well, no prob. When I need to change the ink, I do what every red-blooded American does: I improvise. Improvise in the form of a three-hole punch as a fax top prop arm.

I’ve been doing this for several months but I didn’t realize how dumb I look until my coworker paused outside my office door today, watching as I, an adult, opened up my fax machine and stuck a three-hole punch inside.

“Uh, Kim?” he said, “That’s not exactly how to use that, you know.”

My comeback? “That's not how you use . . . the . . . thing . . . shut up.”

No comments: