Wednesday, April 29, 2009

And people think I'm odd . . .

I think many names of diseases would be lovely names for women. Just think about it: chlamydia (beautiful, right?), jaundice (just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?), bronchitis, leukemia.

Just think about it for a second. If you didn't know that they were horrible disease and you just heard the word, they could totally pass for names.

"Hello, I'm Jaundice."

"Lovely to meet you, Jaundice. I'm Cholera and this is my sister, Ebola."

"I'm pleased to know you. Shall we go meet Influenza?"

"Yes! I hope she brought little Herpes, too."

"Me too. Herpes is just as cute as my little Diarrhea."



Oh, geez. I just broke my personal "no diarrhea jokes" rule.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will pay you 50 dollars (in quarters) if you name one of your children after an STD. :) I know, I know..they will have to deal with a life long stigma, they will hate you, etc...but think about all of those shiny quarters..

Kim said...

If "life ain't easy for a boy named Sue," imagine what it would be like for a boy named Gonorrhea.

)en said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
)en said...

i almost had a little Diarrhea myself with this one. totally made me bust a gut. i wish i could steal this post and claim it as my own. that's how good i think it is.

Here are some more:
malaria
diphtheria
small pox.. just kidding.

Kim said...

Malaria! Nice. I love it.

Celestial Soldier said...

If you were to divorce, you can keep the house and he'll leave with Herpes and Chlamydia.

Lauren said...

Diarrhea is always funny.

Anonymous said...

The very first moment I heard the word 'Zanzara,' I thought it would be an awesome girl's name.

It's Italian for 'mosquito.'