Friday, April 3, 2009

Sweet Nathan


Nathan Dwight Raynor is my second-to-youngest brother. He is nine years old as of today! Happy birthday, darling Nate!

Nate loves playing soccer and reading adventure stories. He likes working on Scouting and jumping on the trampoline. (He can totally show me up on backflips, by the way.) He also likes Star Wars, wrestling, pizza, the color green, and performing science experiments.

When Nate was about 2, he came into the bathroom where Mom was washing up. She had just cleaned all the hair out of her hairbrush and tossed it into the commode. Nate walked over to the toilet, lifted the lid, stared down into the bowl, s-l-o-w-l-y lowered the lid and whispered, wide-eyed, "What...was...THAT?" I love hearing Nathan tell that story because he always starts giggling halfway through and can barely get through the end.


My dad's favorite thing about Nathan is his obedience and his kindness. My mom's favorite thing about Nathan is his goodness and his intellect. My favorite thing about Nathan is his sweetness of spirit and his loyalty and friendship.


Nate, happy birthday! We love you!

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Kim,
Thank you for saying that. I'm awesome!!We can have a backflip contest when you come in July.
Love,
Nate
ps we're having Texas sheet cake for my party!

Kim said...

Uh, yum! That's only the best dessert ever. You're lucky Mom's there to make it . . . it's never the same when I do it. She must have special mom powers.

Can't wait to see you!